I finally got the strings changed. I tried to do them myself, as I have done before, but they just wouldn’t fit. I couldn’t figure out why, so I took it down to a music store and they changed them. They had to drill the holes bigger so the strings would fit, but at least the new strings are on. It took a little while to get used to the strings. The first day I hated them and missed the old strings. By the third day, after the strings finally stayed mostly in tune, I kind of liked them.
I’m still getting used to the new strings, tweaking them here and there to keep them in tune, but overall, they seem like good strings and the change feels like a good change. I still have the old ones that I can use if I need to at any point in the future.
By way of music I am flipping between books right now trying to be sure to work in scales during practice. The first and second book has some good ones that I like to try out not just to get practice started but also to keep reminding myself of the majors and minors. Sometimes those things just don’t stick in my head so a reminder here and there is a good thing.